Littles is pretty convinced she is going to grow up and be a rockstar, so what better way to get her started?
We did this one afternoon, and even mad a mini photo shoot for the band she named "The Lion King's of the Stone Age."
This project is a blast to do together, from finding the perfect rock specimens to putting the final touches on its personality.
If you're interested in other ideas including the use of goggly eyes, visit our paper project, posted soon!
- Various sized rocks or stones
- Elmer's Glue
- Glitter Glue
- Googly Eyes
- Markers (Waterproof & Permanent)
- Pipe Cleaners
- Popsicle Sticks
- Shoe Box Top
- Clean rocks and stones with soap and water, making sure they are dry before you start!
- Add dots of glue where you want to place the eyes, and add goggly eyes on top of the glue.
- Let dry for a few minutes.
- When dry, use permanent markers to draw facial features such as mouths & eyebrows.
- Cut feathers, and glue into place.
- Break a popsicle stick in half, using one piece for a guitar, and one for a bass.
- Glue buttons to the rough end of each piece, let dry.
- Add lines of glitter glue to each popsicle stick as the strings.
- For the mic stand, twist a pipe cleaner at the base, and then upward as the stand.
- Use pop-poms for the drum kit, with optional pipe cleaners as drum sticks.
- To make the stage, decorate a piece of paper with markers, and then glue to the shoe box top.
- Once dry, place complete "Rock Band" on the stage, and don't forget the groupies!